+1 800 626 7708
+49 9144 6010
+49 9144 6816 (fax)
+44 1382 56 1511
+44 1382 56 1007 (fax)
+39 045 6209 209
+39 045 6209 165 (fax)
+33 1 5695 6565
+33 1 5695 6401 (fax)
+34 93 480 6900
+34 93 373 7850 (fax)
+46 31 7067800
+46 31 864226 (fax)
+86 10 5707 4999
+86 10 5707 4900 (fax)
+86 21 5172 8299
+86 21 6247 9199 (fax)
+86 755 8359 8262
+86 755 8359 1654 (fax)
+82 2 393 3411
+82 2 393 1285 (fax)
+81 3 6746 2582
+81 3 6746 2571 (fax)
Data Sheets, 291.77 KB
Download technical information — including cable properties/characteristics, applications, qualifications, connector options, cable preparation, and ordering information.
RELIABLE SIGNAL INTEGRITY AT HIGH DATA RATES
Military aircraft require cables to carry loads of data at faster speeds on avionics digital networks to ensure missions are a success. Since aviation cables play a key role in system performance, they must outlast complex maintenance and aerospace conditions, like tricky wiring, fluctuating temperatures and harsh contaminants, to name a few.
Gore offers a proven reliable, low-dielectric quadrax solution to combat these challenges. GORE Fibre Channel Cables are proven to maintain consistent signals with integrity at high data rates up to 1 GHz with controlled impedance at 150 ohms. These high speed interconnects are also proven to enhance noise immunity and EMI suppression. Featuring a balanced quadrax design with field-cancellation properties, they can transmit two different signals within the same shield without interfering with each other.
SAVE WEIGHT & BOOST DURABILITY
Low-dielectric cable geometry
We originally invented this low-dielectric quadrax cable geometry that saves more weight in aircraft than other cable designs. Compared to dual twisted pair cables, our fibre channel cables are about 40% smaller, which makes them naturally lighter weight. These features combined with high flexibility and tight bending make aircraft wiring simpler and faster in narrow system configurations.
Just because they’re smaller and lighter doesn’t mean they’re fragile like other cable materials. We also boost durability with our uniquely engineered fluoropolymers that resist hazardous aircraft environments and extreme flight conditions.
With toughness and reliable signal transmission at higher data rates, GORE Fibre Channel Cables have been trusted by aircrews and proven on many airborne platforms, like the F-16, F-18 and AV8B
Tough construction of GORE Fibre Channel Cables
PROVEN PERFORMANCE ACROSS AIRCRAFT APPLICATIONS
GORE Fibre Channel Cables have been proven and trusted on the F-16, F-18 and AV8B, making them a reliable interconnect for critical applications, like:
- active electronically scanned arrays (AESA)
- advanced mission computers
- cabin/flight management systems
- tactical aircraft moving maps
If you have any questions or to discuss your specific application needs, contact a Gore representative today.
Features & Benefits
GORE Fibre Channel Cables are engineered with unique features that make them more durable against challenging environmental factors and aircraft conditions, including:
- original inventor of innovative quadrax design
- smaller, lighter weight, highly flexible cable construction
- chemically inert, temperature- and abrasion-resistant materials
Our cables provide aircraft system architects and engineers with many benefits that improve electrical, mechanical and environmental performance such as
- consistent signals up to 1 GHz with controlled impedance at 150 ohms
- enhanced noise immunity and EMI suppression
- resist hazardous aircraft environments and extreme flight conditions
- low-dielectric design is around 40% smaller than dual twisted pair constructions
- more weight savings in aircraft than other cable designs
- simpler and faster aircraft wiring from high flexibility and tight bending ability
- proven on many airborne platforms, like the F-16, F-18 and AV8B
- compatible with a variety of high-speed connector systems and backshells
- selected pre-qualified samples with short lead times for prototyping and evaluation
- low risk based on validated product performance in real-world conditions
For more information about the features and benefits of our cables, contact a Gore representative today.
These values demonstrate the electrical, mechanical and environmental performance of GORE Fibre Channel Cables for defense aircraft.
|Data Transmission Speed GHz||Up to 1|
|Standard Impedance Ohms||150 ± 10|
|Typical Operating Voltage Rating V||< 15|
|Nominal Velocity of Propagation %||87|
|Nominal Time Delay ns/m (ns/ft)||4.0 (1.22)|
|Capacitance pF/m (pF/ft)||28.2 (8.6)|
|Typical Skew Within Pair ps/m (ps/ft)||3.0 (0.9)|
|Dielectric Withstanding Voltage Vrms
|Mechanical / Environmental Property||Value|
|Conductor||Silver-Plated Copper Alloy|
|Conductor Color-Coding||Black/White Stripe, Blue/White Stripe, Green/White Stripe, Solid White|
|Dielectric Material||Expanded PTFE/PTFE|
|Temperature Range °C||-65 to +200|
Part Number & Drawing
We invite you to download our drawing to view cable characteristics, like diameter size and attenuation value.
|Part Number||AWG Size (Stranding)|
GORE Fibre Channel Cables for Defense Aircraft have undergone substantial qualification testing to ensure they meet the most current industry standards and our customers’ requirements.
- ABD0031 (AITM 2.0005); BSS7230; FAR Part 25, Appendix F, Part I: Flammability
- ABD0031 (AITM 3.0005); BSS7239: Toxicity
- ABD0031 (AITM 3.0008B); BSS7238; FAR Part 25, Appendix F, Part V: Smoke Density
- ANSI/NEMA WC 27500: Environmental Testing, Jacket and Marking
- ANSI X3.303: Fibre Channel Physical and Signaling Interface-3 (FC-PH-3)
- EN3475-503: Test Methods for Scrape Abrasion
- SAE AS4373™: Test Methods for Insulated Electric Wire (Contact Gore for available data)
For more information about the qualifications of our cables, contact a Gore representative today.
GORE Fibre Channel Cables can be terminated with a variety of leading high-speed aerospace connector systems and backshells, like ARINC and MIL-STD-38999 with size 8 contacts.
Our cables can also be terminated with commercially available connectors to create assemblies for defense aircraft applications. Connector options used between-the-box include DB-9 plug and receptacles, and MIL-C-38999 size 11. These connectors provide optimized performance in the smallest possible connector package and include benefits such as:
- Insert configuration maintains quadrax geometry through the connector interface.
- Improved Z° match minimizes reflections for clean eye patterns.
- Standard size 22D contacts provide high reliability and ease of use.
- Series 3 coupling provides enhanced EMI performance.
|Description||Gore Part Number||Impedance (ohms)||Image|
|M24308/4-1F||DB-9 (D-sub) plug||Approx. 100||
|M24308/2-1F||DB-9 (D-sub) receptacle||Approx. 100||
|MIL-DTL-38999 series III, shell size 11 (plug), military (composite)||FCN1059||150||
|MIL-DTL-38999 series III, shell size 11 (jam nut), military (composite)||FCN1058||150||
|MIL-DTL-38999 series III, shell size 11 (receptacle), military (composite)||FCN1060||150||
Gore also offers a variety of connector options for GORE Fibre Channel Cables used inside-the-box.
|SMP (50 ohm)||SSMC (50 ohm)|
|SMA (50/75 ohm)||MCX (50/75 ohm)|
LEARN MORE ABOUT GORE FIBRE CHANNEL CABLES OR ORDER NOW
Proven on many airborne platforms, GORE Fibre Channel Cables maximize the performance of quadrax cable designs. We also offer tested, prequalified samples for this product and other high data rate cables that are complimentary and shipped within 48 hours of your request. To learn more or discuss your application’s specific needs and requirements, contact a Gore representative today. When you’re ready to order, get in touch with an authorized distributor.
FOR INDUSTRIAL USE ONLY
Not for use in food, drug, cosmetic or medical device manufacturing, processing, or packaging operations.