GORE® Abrasion Resistant Cable Jacket for Defense Aircraft
A revolutionary thin, fluoropolymer fiber material proven to meet stricter requirements for more durability, eliminating the need for additional protective sleeving. Our rugged jacket is the only reliable solution when the military wants the highest abrasion and cut-through resistance to protect high data rate copper wires.
+1 800 626 7708
+49 9144 6010
+49 9144 6816 (fax)
+44 1382 56 1511
+44 1382 56 1007 (fax)
+39 045 6209 209
+39 045 6209 165 (fax)
+33 1 5695 6565
+33 1 5695 6401 (fax)
+34 93 480 6900
+34 93 373 7850 (fax)
+46 31 7067800
+46 31 864226 (fax)
+86 10 5707 4999
+86 10 5707 4900 (fax)
+86 21 5172 8299
+86 21 6247 9199 (fax)
+86 755 8359 8262
+86 755 8359 1654 (fax)
+82 2 393 3411
+82 2 393 1285 (fax)
+81 3 6746 2582
+81 3 6746 2571 (fax)
SUPERIOR DURABILITY FOR COPPER CABLES INSTALLED IN COCKPIT SEATS.
Data Sheet: GORE® Abrasion Resistant Cable Jacket for Aircraft
Data Sheets, 113.37 KB
For all-around, lifetime mechanical protection in aircraft electrical systems, W. L. Gore & Associates offers the GORE Abrasion Resistant Cable Jacket for Aircraft, a true one-of-a-kind in its class. Featuring state-of-the-art cable technology, Gore’s pioneering cable jacket is lighter, thinner and more flexible, and with tighter bendability, it provides straightforward routing and expedited installation. It also ensures that high speed copper wires transmit data reliably in the intended application without becoming damaged.
Proven superior durability
Military aerospace standards now require high-speed copper cables connected to avionics to meet new, more stringent durability requirements. But, adding more durability often includes thicker, heaver cable materials that can weigh aircraft down. Plus, bulky aviation cables can be stiff, inflexible and hard to route in narrow pathways, especially in seats.
Gore offers a true, one-of-a-kind jacket for packaging high data rate cables that meets both new and existing standards without sacrificing size, weight or signal transmission performance.
GORE Abrasion Resistant Cable Jacket features a revolutionary fluoropolymer that meets EN3475-503 requirements. With our durable jacket, you no longer have to use additional protective sleeving now required for copper wires installed in cockpit and cabin seats.
Using SAE AS4373™, Method 703, we compared our 100-ohm quadrax cables wrapped with our abrasion-resistant jacket against alternatives. As we expected, the results were undeniable! Our rugged cable jacket drastically outperformed PFA and FEP materials for superior cut-through resistance at high temperatures without cracking, splitting or breaking.
Cut-Through Resistant at High Temperatures
THINNER, LIGHTER & MORE FLEXIBLE
Another bonus is that our state-of-the-art materials technology is thinner, lighter weight and more flexible with tighter bendability than commonly used aerospace materials. Aircraft maintainers will find that routing copper wires and cables packaged with our jacket improves installation in tight configurations.
Solve all typical installation and mission challenges with a rugged cable jacket that promises all-around, lifetime mechanical protection. Select GORE Abrasion Resistant Cable Jacket for packaging your copper wires supporting the latest high speed data protocols, like HDMI and more.
Features & Benefits
GORE Abrasion Resistant Cable Jacket is engineered with unique features that make it more durable against challenging environmental factors and aircraft conditions, including:
- revolutionary fluoropolymer fiber material unmatched in the industry
- abrasion-resistant, cut-through resistant and chemically inert material
- thinner, lighter weight, highly flexible jacket design
Our cable jacket provides aircraft system architects and engineers with many benefits that improve electrical, mechanical and environmental performance such as:
- meets strict EN3475-503 and SAE AS4373™ requirements for added durability
- superior abrasion- and cut-through-resistance at high temps than other materials
- eliminates the need for protective sleeving required for copper cables
- allows copper wires to transmit high-speed data reliably in intended application
- saves weight and expedites installation because of thinner, lighter material
- simplifies routing in narrow seat structures due to more flexibility, tighter bending
- ideal for packaging GORE High Speed Data Cables or industry alternatives
For more information about the features and benefits of our cable jacket, contact a Gore representative today.
These values demonstrate the electrical, mechanical and environmental performance of GORE HDMI Cables, 2.0 version packaged with GORE Abrasion Resistant Cable Jacket for defense aircraft.
|Transmission Speed Gb||Up to 18|
|Standard Impedance Ohms||100 ± 10|
|Typical Operating Voltage V||< 15|
|Nominal Velocity of Propagation %||80|
|Nominal Time Delay ns/m (ns/ft)||4.10 (1.25)|
|Capacitance pF/m (pF/ft)||230.0 (70.0)|
|Maximum Skew Within Pair ps/m (ps/ft)||15.0 (4.6)|
|Dielectric Withstanding Voltage Vrms
|Mechanical / Environmental Property||Value|
|Jacket Material||Engineered Fluoropolymer Fiber Braid|
|Conductor||Silver-Plated Copper / SPC Alloy|
|Conductor Color Coding||High-Speed Pairs: Blue/White, Brown/White, Green/White, Red/White
Singles: Orange, Violet, White, Yellow
Triad: Gray, Pink, Tan
|Dielectric Material||Expanded PTFE/PTFE|
|Cut-Through Resistance kg (lb) (SAE AS4373™-703)
|Scrape Abrasion Resistance Cycles (EN3475-503) 30°C & 55°C / F = 1.2 daN||> 8,000|
|Temperature Range °C||-65 to +200|
PART NUMBER & DRAWING
We invite you to download our drawing for GORE HDMI Cables, 2.0 version packaged with GORE Abrasion Resistant Cable Jacket to view characteristics, like diameter size, weight, minimum bend radius and insertion loss values.
|Part Number||AWG Size (Stranding)|
|RCN9195||Data/Drains/Discrete Pairs: 26 (19/38)
Capacitance-Controlled Singles: 28 (19/40)
GORE Abrasion Resistant Cable Jacket for Defense Aircraft has undergone substantial qualification testing to ensure it meets the most current industry standards and our customers’ requirements.
- ABD0031 (AITM 2.0005); BSS7230; FAR Part 25, Appendix F, Part I: Flammability
- ABD0031 (AITM 3.0005); BSS7239: Toxicity
- ABD0031 (AITM 3.0008B); BSS7238; FAR Part 25, Appendix F, Part V: Smoke Density
- EN3475-503: Test Methods for Scrape Abrasion
- SAE AS4373™: Test Methods for Insulated Electric Wire (Contact Gore for available data)
For more information about the qualifications of our cable jacket, contact a Gore representative today.
LEARN MORE ABOUT GORE ABRASION RESISTANT CABLE JACKET OR ORDER NOW
High data rate copper wires supporting protocols like HDMI 2.0 packaged with GORE Abrasion Resistant Cable Jacket is the only proven reliable solution when the military wants the highest abrasion- and cut-through resistance. For more information or to discuss your specific characteristic limits and application needs, contact a Gore defense aircraft representative today. Or, place your order now by reaching out to a trusted distributor.
View all resources for GORE Abrasion Resistant Cable Jacket for Defense Aircraft
FOR INDUSTRIAL USE ONLY
Not for use in food, drug, cosmetic or medical device manufacturing, processing, or packaging operations.
Cables & Cable Assemblies
- Ethernet Cables for Defense Aircraft
- Shielded Twisted Pair Cables for Defense Aircraft
- CAN Bus Cables for Defense Aircraft
- Quad Cables (Specialty Versions) for Defense Aircraft
- FireWire® Cables for Defense Aircraft
- Fibre Channel Cables for Defense Aircraft
- USB Cables for Defense Aircraft
- HDMI Cables for Defense Aircraft
- DVI Cables (Digital Only) for Defense Aircraft
- Fiber Optic Cables for Defense Aircraft
- Cable Protection Systems for Defense Aircraft
- High Performance Aerospace Wires for Defense Aircraft
- MIL-STD-1760 Assemblies for Defense Aircraft
- GORE-FLIGHT® Microwave Assemblies for Defense Aircraft
- Microwave/RF Assemblies for Defense Aircraft
- Microwave/RF Assemblies, 7 Series for Defense Aircraft
- PHASEFLEX® Microwave/RF Test Assemblies for Defense Aircraft
팔로우: GORE® Abrasion Resistant Cable Jacket for Defense Aircraft