Data Sheets, 584.92 KB
Modern aviation relies on high-speed data and video transfer. At the same time, aircraft environments expose sensitive components to extreme temperatures, vibration and more while presenting challenging routing configurations. W. L. Gore & Associates meets these challenges with our GORE Quad Cables (Specialty Versions) for Aircraft featuring high-speed data and video transmission, a low-dielectric size and a rugged design to guard against failure in even the harshest environments.
HIGH-SPEED DATA & VIDEO TRANSFER
Reduced cable design
Mission success relies on modern avionics transferring data and video at the highest speeds without interruption. At the same time, extreme weather, repeated vibration and challenging routing configurations are examples of aircraft conditions that can damage sensitive components
GORE Quad Cables meet these challenges with specialty versions that offer high data rate transmission and a lighter, more rugged design. Designed for high-speed serial data and video protocols, they offer tighter skew requirements with controlled impedance. Our aviation cables feature dual differential pairs that routinely transfer bi-directional signals at speeds up to 1 GHz at lengths up to 30 m (100 ft.).
SMALL, RUGGED QUADRAX DESIGN
We originally invented this low-crosstalk quadrax design that reduces interference for clear, strong signals. Our specialty versions offer a more compact size that’s around 40% smaller than comparable dual twisted pair cables. These reduced diameters are proven to save more than 5.0 kg (11 lb.) per aircraft. Being also highly flexible, maintainers can bend our cables tightly for easier routing in space-limited aircraft systems.
But there’s more! We make our cables with remarkably strong materials proven to withstand the environmental challenges and mechanical stresses typical during missions.
With rugged GORE Quad Cables connected to high-speed avionics, the military can have the utmost confidence in sending and receiving vital data and video instantly for mission success.
Remarkably strong materials of GORE Quad Cables (Specialty Versions)
PROVEN PERFORMANCE ACROSS AIRCRAFT APPLICATIONS
Perfectly aligned with today’s high speed serial data and video protocols, GORE Quad Cables (Specialty Versions) deliver steadfast results in a variety of applications, like:
- avionics digital networks
- box-to-box systems
- digital visual interface (DVI)
- EO/IR (electro-optical infrared) sensors
- Ethernet backbone
- flight control
- mission systems
- propulsion control
- video networks
Our cables can also be terminated with a variety of leading high-speed aerospace connector systems and backshells, like ARINC and MIL-STD-38999 with size 8 contacts. If you have any questions or to discuss your specific application needs, contact a Gore representative today.
Features & Benefits
GORE Quad Cables (Specialty Versions) are engineered with unique features that make them more durable against challenging environmental factors and aircraft conditions, including:
- original inventor of innovative, low-crosstalk quadrax design
- lightweight cable construction with reduced diameters
- chemically inert, temperature- and abrasion-resistant materials
Our cables provide aircraft system architects and engineers with many benefits that improve electrical, mechanical and environmental performance such as:
- tighter skew requirements aligned with high-speed serial data/video protocols
- routine bi-directional signals with controlled impedance at speeds up to 1 GHz
- low crosstalk performance for less signal interference
- remarkably strong materials for rugged protection against challenging environments
- compact size around 40% smaller than dual twisted pair constructions
- proven weight savings of more than 5.0 kg (11 lb.) per aircraft
- easy routing in space-limited aircraft systems from high flexibility and tight bend radius
- compatible with a variety of high-speed connector systems and backshells
- selected pre-qualified samples with short lead times for prototyping and evaluation
- low risk based on validated product performance in real-world conditions
For more information about the features and benefits of our cables, contact a Gore representative today.
These values demonstrate the electrical, mechanical and environmental performance of GORE Quad Cables (Specialty Versions) for defense aircraft.
|Transmission Speed GHz||Up to 1||Up to 1||Up to 1|
|Standard Impedance Ohms||100 ± 5||100 ± 10||100 ± 10|
|Typical Operating Voltage V||< 15||< 15||< 15|
|Nominal Velocity of Propagation %||> 80||> 80||> 80|
|Nominal Time Delay ns/m (ns/ft)||4.10 (1.25)||4.23 (1.29)||4.10 (1.25)|
|Capacitance pF/m (pF/ft)||50.0 (15.2)||39.4 (12.0)||42.7 (13.0)|
|Minimum Near-End Crosstalk (NEXT) dB
at 10 MHz
at 100 MHz
|Maximum Skew Within Pair ps/m (ps/ft)||13.12 (4.0)||13.12 (4.0)||13.12 (4.0)|
|Dielectric Withstanding Voltage Vrms
|Mechanical / Environmental Properties||Value|
|Jacket Material||Engineered Fluoropolymer|
|Jacket Color||White (Laser Markable)|
|Conductor||Silver-Plated Copper Alloy|
|Conductor Color-Coding||Blue/Red, Green/Yellow||Blue/Orange, Green/Red||Black/Blue, Green/White|
|Dielectric Material||Expanded PTFE/PTFE|
|Temperature Range °C||-65 to +200||-55 to +200||-55 to +200|
Part Numbers & Drawing
We invite you to download our drawings to view cable characteristics, like diameter sizes, weight and attenuation/return loss values.
GORE Quad Cables (Specialty Versions) for Defense Aircraft have undergone substantial qualification testing to ensure they meet the most current industry standards and our customers’ requirements.
- ABD0031 (AITM 2.0005); BSS7230; FAR Part 25, Appendix F, Part I: Flammability
- ABD0031 (AITM 3.0005); BSS7239: Toxicity
- ABD0031 (AITM 3.0008B); BSS7238; FAR Part 25, Appendix F, Part V: Smoke Density
- AFDX/ARINC 664, Part 7: Ethernet Networks
- ANSI/NEMA WC 27500: Environmental Testing, Jacket and Marking
- IEEE 802.3: Ethernet 1000BASE-T
- SAE AS4373™: Test Methods for Insulated Electric Wire (Contact Gore for available data)
For more information about the qualifications of our cables, contact a Gore representative today.
LEARN MORE ABOUT GORE QUAD CABLES OR ORDER NOW
We’re proud to offer complimentary samples of our tested and prequalified specialty versions within 48 hours for prototyping and evaluation. For more information or to discuss your specific application needs, contact a Gore representative for defense aircraft. When you’re ready, reach out to one of our trusted distributors to purchase our in-stock aerospace cables.
FOR INDUSTRIAL USE ONLY
Not for use in food, drug, cosmetic or medical device manufacturing, processing, or packaging operations.