GORE® Cable Protection Systems for Civil Aircraft
Extremely durable jacket systems with some of the highest levels of protection for packaging copper wires and fiber optics that OEMs and system suppliers want and need. They’re engineered to resist crushing and abrasion in thinner, lighter, flexible designs to eliminate damage from installation and operation.
+1 800 626 7708
+49 9144 6010
+49 9144 6816 (fax)
+44 1382 56 1511
+44 1382 56 1007 (fax)
+39 045 6209 209
+39 045 6209 165 (fax)
+33 1 5695 6565
+33 1 5695 6401 (fax)
+34 93 480 6900
+34 93 373 7850 (fax)
+46 31 7067800
+46 31 864226 (fax)
+86 10 5707 4999
+86 10 5707 4900 (fax)
+86 21 5172 8299
+86 21 6247 9199 (fax)
+86 755 8359 8262
+86 755 8359 1654 (fax)
+82 2 393 3411
+82 2 393 1285 (fax)
+81 3 6746 2582
+81 3 6746 2571 (fax)
Data Sheet: GORE® Cable Protection Systems for Aircraft
Data Sheets, 95.29 KB
With many decades of unrivaled experience, W. L. Gore & Associates provides some of the highest-quality solutions available today in the modern aviation industry. Among them are GORE Cable Protection Systems for Aircraft. Comprised of crush- and abrasion-resistant materials, they are durable enough to withstand harsh flight conditions, such as fluctuating temperatures and severe vibration, and tolerate complicated routing in cramped electrical systems.
Copper and fiber optic cables are often exposed to demanding aircraft environments, like difficult routing, extreme temperatures, and constant vibration. OEMs and system suppliers are now demanding more protection for cables, so they don't get damaged and fail in these extreme environments. But, they also want to package cables in thinner, lighter materials to save weight in aircraft.
Higher Level of Protection
Built with materials that are extremely resistant to crushing and abrasion, GORE Cable Protection Systems provide some of the highest levels of durability available in the industry today. They can easily handle extreme flight conditions, plus corrosive chemicals and fluids typically used in the industry.
Quick & Easy Installation
Copper and fiber can float freely within our cable protection systems without getting damaged during complex routing in cable runs and sharp edges in airframes. Our cable protection systems are a great deal thinner and lighter with high flexibility. They also offer tight bending capability that is bend limiting, so installers can route cables without exceeding the minimum bend radius.
Overall, installers will find it quicker and easier to route copper and fiber packaged with our cable protection systems in less space without having to worry about breakage or failure, which means less time and money for maintenance.
To view Gore’s best practices for terminating, view the Termination Instructions for GORE® Cable Protection Systems as a guide in conjunction with current backshell manufacturing instructions.
GORE Cable Protection Systems provide aircraft system architects and engineers with many benefits that improve mechanical performance such as:
- higher levels of durability eliminate damage from installation and operation
- resist crushing, abrasion, and other harsh aircraft conditions
- enable copper/fiber to move freely within the cable protection system
- easier routing due to high flexibility and tighter bending ability without exceeding MBR
- save weight and cost due to thinner, lighter cable jacket design
- designed for packaging GORE Aerospace High Speed Data Cables or industry alternatives
For more information about the benefits of our cable protection systems, please contact a Gore representative
These values demonstrate the mechanical and environmental performance of GORE Cable Protection Systems.
|Mechanical / Environmental Property||Value|
|Jacket Material||ePTFE / PTFE|
|Jacket Color||Black with Violet Stripes|
|Temperature Range (°C)||-65 to +260|
Part Numbers & Drawings
Download the drawings to view cable characteristics like diameter, weight and minimum bend radius.
If you have any questions or to discuss your specific application needs regarding GORE Aerospace High Speed Data Cables packaged with GORE Cable Protection Systems, please contact a Gore representative.
GORE Cable Protection Systems have undergone substantial qualification testing to ensure they meet the most current industry standards and our customers’ requirements.
- ABD0031 (AITM 2.0005); BSS7230; FAR Part 25, Appendix F, Part I: Flammability
- ABD0031 (AITM 3.0005); BSS7239: Toxicity
- ABD0031 (AITM 3.0008B); BSS7238; FAR Part 25, Appendix F, Part V: Smoke Density
- SAE AS81914™/1-6: Plastic Convoluted Tubing Requirements
For more information about the qualifications of our cable protection systems, please contact a Gore representative
View all resources for GORE Cable Protection Systems for Civil Aircraft
FOR INDUSTRIAL USE ONLY
Not for use in food, drug, cosmetic or medical device manufacturing, processing, or packaging operations.
Cables & Cable Assemblies
- Ethernet Cables for Civil Aircraft
- Shielded Twisted Pair Cables for Civil Aircraft
- CAN Bus Cables for Civil Aircraft
- Quad Cables (Specialty Versions) for Civil Aircraft
- FireWire® Cables for Civil Aircraft
- Fibre Channel Cables for Civil Aircraft
- USB Cables for Civil Aircraft
- HDMI Cables for Civil Aircraft
- DVI Cables (Digital Only) for Civil Aircraft
- Fiber Optic Cables for Civil Aircraft
- Abrasion Resistant Cable Jacket for Civil Aircraft
팔로우: GORE® Cable Protection Systems for Civil Aircraft