GORE® Abrasion Resistant Cable Jacket for Civil Aircraft
A revolutionary thin, fluoropolymer fiber material proven to meet stricter requirements for more durability that eliminates the need for additional protective sleeving. High data rate copper wires packaged with our rugged jacket are the solutions when you want the highest level of abrasion and cut-through resistance available in the industry.
+1 800 626 7708
+49 9144 6010
+49 9144 6816 (fax)
+44 1382 56 1511
+44 1382 56 1007 (fax)
+39 045 6209 209
+39 045 6209 165 (fax)
+33 1 5695 6565
+33 1 5695 6401 (fax)
+34 93 480 6900
+34 93 373 7850 (fax)
+46 31 7067800
+46 31 864226 (fax)
+86 10 5707 4999
+86 10 5707 4900 (fax)
+86 21 5172 8299
+86 21 6247 9199 (fax)
+86 755 8359 8262
+86 755 8359 1654 (fax)
+82 2 393 3411
+82 2 393 1285 (fax)
+81 3 6746 2582
+81 3 6746 2571 (fax)
Data Sheet: GORE® Abrasion Resistant Cable Jacket for Aircraft
Data Sheets, 113.37 KB
For all-around, lifetime mechanical protection in aircraft electrical systems, W. L. Gore & Associates offers the GORE Abrasion Resistant Cable Jacket for Aircraft, a true one-of-a-kind in its class. Featuring state-of-the-art cable technology, Gore’s pioneering cable jacket is lighter, thinner and more flexible, and with tighter bendability, it provides straightforward routing and expedited installation. It also ensures that high speed copper wires transmit data reliably in the intended application without becoming damaged.
The aerospace industry is now requiring high-speed copper cables installed in aircraft to meet new, more stringent durability standards. But, adding more durability to cable materials often includes thicker, heavier materials that can weigh aircraft down. Plus, bulky cables can be stiff, inflexible, and hard to route in small spaces as aircraft are being updated with more high-tech avionics.
Proven Superior Durability
Engineered with a revolutionary fluoropolymer fiber material, GORE Abrasion Resistant Cable Jacket is proven to meet new stricter industry standards for durability without sacrificing size, weight, or electrical performance. Our rugged jacket is resistant to abrasion and meets EN3475-503 requirements. You no longer have to use additional protective sleeving now required for high data rate copper cables installed in cockpit and cabin seats.
Using SAE AS4373™, method 703, we also compared 100-ohm quadrax cables packaged with four different jacket types, and the results were undeniable! Our abrasion-resistant cable jacket drastically outperformed PFA and FEP materials for superior cut-through resistance at high temperatures.
Thinner. Lighter Weight. More Flexible.
Another bonus is that our state-of-the-art cable technology is thinner, lighter, and more flexible with tighter bendability than alternative materials for improved installation in narrow seat configurations. Routing copper cables packaged with our abrasion-resistant cable jacket will be much easier and faster for maintainers. Despite installation complexities and extreme flight conditions, our jacket won’t crack, split or break.
GORE Abrasion Resistant Cable Jacket ensures all-around, lifetime mechanical protection enabling cables to transmit critical flight data reliably in the intended application. It’s the ideal jacket for packaging copper cables that support the latest standardized high data rate protocols, like HDMI and more.
GORE Abrasion Resistant Cable Jacket provides aircraft system architects and engineers with many benefits that improve electrical and mechanical performance such as:
- revolutionary fluoropolymer fiber material unmatched in the industry
- proven superior abrasion and cut-through resistance at high temperatures
- eliminates need for additional protective sleeving required for copper cables
- meets strict EN3475-503 and SAE AS4373™-703 requirements for more durability
- ensures high data rate copper cables perform reliably in intended application
- expedites installation with thinner, lighter weight construction
- easier routing in narrow seat configurations due to more flexibility, tighter bending
- ideal for packaging GORE Aerospace High Speed Data Cables or industry alternatives
For more information about the benefits of our abrasion-resistant cable jacket, please contact a Gore representative.
These values demonstrate the electrical, mechanical and environmental performance of GORE HDMI Cables, 2.0 version packaged with GORE Abrasion Resistant Cable Jacket.
|Standard Impedance (Ohms)||100 ± 10|
|Typical Operating Voltage (V)||< 15|
|Nominal Velocity of Propagation (%)||80|
|Nominal Time Delay ns/m (ns/ft)||4.10 (1.25)|
|Capacitance pF/m (pF/ft)||230.0 (70.0)|
|Maximum Skew Within Pair ps/m (ps/ft)||15.0 (4.6)|
|Dielectric Withstanding Voltage (Vrms)
|Mechanical / Environmental Property||Value|
|Jacket Material||Engineered Fluoropolymer Fiber Braid|
|Conductor||Silver-Plated Copper / SPC Alloy|
|Conductor Color Coding||High-Speed Pairs: Blue/White, Brown/White, Green/White, Red/White
Singles: Orange, Violet, White, Yellow
Triad: Gray, Pink, Tan
|Cut-Through Resistance kg (lb) (SAE AS4373™-703)
|Scrape Abrasion Resistance (Cycles) (EN3475-503) 30°C & 55°C / F = 1.2 daN||> 8,000|
|Temperature Range (°C)||-65 to +200|
Part Number & Drawing
Download the drawing to view cable characteristics like diameter, weight, minimum bend radius and insertion loss.
|Part Number||AWG Size (Stranding)|
|RCN9195||Data/Drains/Discrete Pairs: 26 (19/38)
Capacitance-Controlled Singles: 28 (19/40)
If you have any questions or to discuss your specific application needs regarding GORE Aerospace High Speed Data Cables packaged with GORE Abrasion Resistant Cable Jacket, please contact a Gore representative.
GORE HDMI Cables, 2.0 version packaged with GORE Abrasion Resistant Cable Jacket has undergone substantial qualification testing to ensure it meets the most current industry standards and our customers’ requirements:
- ABD0031 (AITM 2.0005); BSS7230; FAR Part 25, Appendix F, Part I: Flammability
- ABD0031 (AITM 3.0005); BSS7239: Toxicity
- ABD0031 (AITM 3.0008B); BSS7238; FAR Part 25, Appendix F, Part V: Smoke Density
- ANSI/NEMA WC 27500: Environmental Testing, Jacket and Marking
- EN3475-503: Test Methods for Scrape Abrasion
- SAE AS4373™: Test Methods for Insulated Electric Wire (Contact Gore for available data)
For more information about the qualifications of our abrasion-resistant cable jacket, please contact a Gore representative.
View all resources for GORE Abrasion Resistant Cable Jacket for Civil Aircraft
FOR INDUSTRIAL USE ONLY
Not for use in food, drug, cosmetic or medical device manufacturing, processing, or packaging operations.
Cables & Cable Assemblies
- Ethernet Cables for Civil Aircraft
- Shielded Twisted Pair Cables for Civil Aircraft
- CAN Bus Cables for Civil Aircraft
- Quad Cables (Specialty Versions) for Civil Aircraft
- FireWire® Cables for Civil Aircraft
- Fibre Channel Cables for Civil Aircraft
- USB Cables for Civil Aircraft
- HDMI Cables for Civil Aircraft
- DVI Cables (Digital Only) for Civil Aircraft
- Fiber Optic Cables for Civil Aircraft
- Cable Protection Systems for Civil Aircraft
팔로우: GORE® Abrasion Resistant Cable Jacket for Civil Aircraft