Cable Performance and Specifications
With durable constructions, GORE-FLIGHT Microwave Assemblies provide reliable performance for critical aircraft systems. To improve signal integrity and reduce interference, they incorporate shielding that meets and even exceeds the 90 dB requirement. A consistent impedance of 50 ± 1 ohms ensures a lower insertion loss and more reliable VSWR than leading competitors, both before and after installation.
GORE-FLIGHT Microwave Assemblies also deliver the following benefits:
Durability for the Life of the System
GORE-FLIGHT Microwave Assemblies are engineered with a rugged construction designed to withstand the challenges of aerospace environments. The engineered fluoropolymers and rugged design of these products help to reduce abrasion caused by routing during installation and maintain stable performance during flight.
Over the system’s lifetime, the robust construction of GORE-FLIGHT Microwave Assemblies delivers cost savings. This is thanks to its reliable, high-quality performance that withstands the challenges of installation, reduces production delays, decreases the frequency of field service and prevents the need for purchasing replacements.
Meeting Rigorous Standards Across Several Applications
GORE-FLIGHT Microwave Assemblies are engineered to meet stringent specification requirements for civil and defense aircraft. Our assemblies have undergone substantial analysis to ensure they meet the specifications of the most current standards. We prequalify and test our microwave assemblies. Our installation simulator is used to:
- Evaluate how cables tolerate the stress of installation
- Replicate minimum bend radius conditions
- Contain torque-inducing routing guides and abrasive edges to simulate routing across sharp edges or through access holes
- Test for electrical characteristics, such as insertion loss and VSWR, before and after routing
- Verify whether an assembly can withstand challenging in-flight conditions
Our airframe microwave assemblies are suitable for a range of applications in the aerospace industry, as they are specifically engineered to optimize performance and give system designers much-needed flexibility. Common applications where these assemblies are used include:
- Airborne electronic surveillance/counter measures/jamming
- Electronic warfare (EW) systems
- Radar warning receiver (RWR) systems
- Radar interconnects
- Electronic/signal intelligence
- Navigation/communication systems
- Millimeter Wave Applications
How to Order GORE-FLIGHT Microwave Assemblies for Aircraft
For civil and defense aircraft with tight installation spaces and challenging in-flight environments, GORE-FLIGHT Microwave Assemblies for Aircraft are the answer. If you’re ready to order, request a quote by contacting a Gore representative or through the GORE® Microwave/RF Assembly Builder. To calculate insertion loss, VSWR and other parameters, visit the GORE® Microwave/RF Assembly Calculator. For more information about RF cable assemblies, connect with an authorized distributor or contact us today.